Sunday, March 25, 2007


Love this cherry blosoom mandala from flickr's wild goose chase.

The cherry blossoms are beginning to shed here and the sidewalks look covered in pink snow. I love springtime and its sense of rebirth and renewal.
I found this artist while bloghopping the other day and her work reminds very much of Frida Kahlo. I really like it. Her name is Maggie Taylor.I also like this guys photography Intertidal Connections.
This weeks prompt for Sunday Scribblings is In the Kitchen. Here is mine:

I grew up in a dysfunctional family where my dad made mealtime into fear time as he would often become verbally abusive if the food or anything just wasn't the way he wanted it so I have some bad memories of this room but the good memories far outweigh it.
In the kitchen from my southern grandmother and great aunt matt I learned that food is and was an expression of love. It was and is a southerners way to convey sympathy or happiness.
Their prize possessions and now mine too is a lodge cast iron skillet which once it was seasoned was nonstick and from which came the foods of my childhood: fried chicken, cornbread, biscuits and on and on. In the south these skillets are passed down like heirlooms. I now think of all the strong women in my life when I cook with mine.
In the kitchen I learned how to deal with life's problems because it was where happiness and sadness collided and where problems and solutions came about.
I hope now that my kitchen is a place where friends and family feel love conveyed thru food .

As a single footstep will not make a path on earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.--Henry David Thoureau

Love this girls music: Kelly Sweet

Here is meme that Cheryl tagged me for:

Name three events on day of your birth: June 12

-Comstock Lodge discovered in Virginia City,NV

Nelson Mandella was jailed for life

Medgars Evers was shot.

2 People who share your birthday:

Anne Frank

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Holiday

World Day Against Child Labor

1 comment:

Tammy Brierly said...

You broke the chain Yolanda and brought the love back! Yay!

Kelly Sweet is playing on my blog ;) She's great!

Hope you are well. hugs